Thursday, April 17, 2008

Controlling Your Emotions- You are a product of your thoughts!


Here are a couple good quotes from Royals pitcher Gil Meche. Meche struggled in his first 3 outings this year but made a strong comeback last night with a 6 inning victory over the Angels. Note how Meche talks about how he has had to do a better job of controlling his emotions to improve his performance. When you find yourself pitching "mad" it is important to take a few deep breaths and adjust yourself mentally.


"I needed this win. I've been pitching with a lot of anger for some reason, which is totally not me," Meche said after getting his first win of the year in the Kansas City Royals' 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday night.

"I've been getting really upset at little mistakes I've been making, like not making the put-away pitches when I need to. I just need to relax. I haven't been myself on the mound out there so far."

He got positive results against Los Angeles, going six innings and holding its powerful lineup to two runs and six hits.

"Hopefully, I can relax now and enjoy pitching like I did last year and not worry about all the little things I do that might be mistakes," Meche said after running his career record against the Angels to 7-2.

No comments: