Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Word: Winning

Great quotes about winning:

“We just want to win. That’s the bottom line. I think a lot of times people may become content with one championship or a little bit of success, but we don’t really reflect on what we’ve done in the past. We focus on the present.” – Derek Jeter 2004 and 2005 Gold Glove winner and 2000 World Series MVP

“I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan

“Everyone talks about age, but it’s not about age. It’s about work ethic. Winning never gets old.” – Lisa Leslie WNBA all time leading scorer

“For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowd roars. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.” – Emmitt Smith NFL all-time career rushing leader

“Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.” – Steve Prefontaine Held every American T&F record from the 2,000 to the 10,000 meters

“When you win, you want more of it. You can’t win enough.” – Randy Johnson Five-time Cy Young Award winner

No comments: