Thursday, August 18, 2011

Great article


Great article from SI about Trevor Bauer and his path to becoming an MLB 1st round pick.

Here are a few excerpts with a link to the entire article.

"Look, I'm not that big," says Bauer, who is 6'1", 185. "I'm not that strong. I'm not fast. I'm not explosive. I can't jump. I wasn't a natural-born athlete. I was made."

Bauer throws at least six days a week with baseballs, weighted balls or medicine balls. He long-tosses 380 feet, even before starts. He warms up for his outings with about 45 pitches in the bullpen, and during especially long innings when his team is at bat, he heads back to the pen for more work. On his first warmup toss between innings, he crow hops across the mound and unleashes a fastball more than 100 miles per hour.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189170/4/index.htm

No comments: