You Can Play For Us When...
· You don't care if you are the one who bunts the runner over or the one who hits the runs in, because you are fulfilling your role, whatever that role is, is most important.
· You have a desire to excel for the benefit of those relying on you.
· You have an unquenchable need to exceed your past limitations.
· You play without the option of defeat.
· You play and know, without a doubt, that you competed like a champion.
· You understand your commitment to your teammates.
· You understand that baseball is a team sport.
· You finish playing and only your body leaves the field…your heart and soul are captured within the game.
· You will exchange your blood, sweat, and tears for the benefit of the team.
· You understand the irrelevance of individual awards.
· You would rather encourage a teammate to success than benefit personally from his mistakes.
· Your respect for the game outweighs your personal pride.
· You make mistakes and use them to improve instead of using them as excuses.
· Your ability to make your teammates better increases each time you play.
· You do the little things right when nobody is watching.
· You serve your teammates with unselfish motives.
· You understand your role and strive to perform it better.
· You have done all you can and still feel you haven't done enough.
· You play with pain without creating a scene.
· You give more than what is asked and take less than what is deserved.
· Your effort is constant and your play is consistent regardless of the situation.
· You think you can, and you do.