Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thoughts from Joe Torre......


"I do love the feeling of a big win. But you don't have to have a world series ring to be a winner. A winner is somebody who goes out there every day and exhausts himself trying to get something accomplished. Being able to get the most from their ability. That's what characterizes a winner."

"After 25 years of managing teams, the last 11 with the Yankees, I have learned not to live in the past and dwell on something that failed. I believe anybody who is not afraid to fail is a winner."

"The great UCLA basketball coach John Wooden told me once that you can be prepared and ahve the best talent that there is, but you can't necessarily control the outcome."

"It all comes down to respect. To me, its the golden rule: Treat others as you want to be treated."

No comments: