Thursday, May 22, 2008

IT TAKES A BLUE COLLAR TEAM TO WIN!

Many people wonder why Nebraska is good this year. Here are some quotes from the Baylor coach at the Big XII tourney on Nebraska.

Steve Smith, Baylor's head coach for the past 13 seasons, obviously has gained a significant amount of respect for Nebraska baseball's style of play over the years.

Sure, Smith says, Nebraska has had some starpower in recent years. However, "The vast majority of their position players are just blue-collar, gutsy guys that compete," he said Wednesday. "That's why I've never understood why people were so hard on them, because they play the game the right way.

"I've got way more talent. I've got WAY more talent -- follow the draft a year from now and you'll see that. I wish I could get my guys to compete day in and day out like those guys do."

IT TAKES A BLUE COLLAR TEAM TO WIN!!!

No comments: