Monday, October 20, 2008

The Enemy We Face

The Enemy We Face
Courtesy of the book, "Make the Big Time Where You Are" by Frosty Westering.

The enemy I had, I didn't even know.
He followed me unseen, wherever I would go.

He blocked my plans, he blocked my way,
He countered me, even before I could say.

Each time I would make the effort to try,
He made me afraid, so I'd let things pass by.

One night I caught him and grabbed for his mask;
I wanted to see, I wanted to ask.

But to my amazement as I looked at his face,
It was me that I saw, and I prayed for GOD'S GRACE.

The enemy who had been hiding inside,
I finally let go of, and the enemy died.

My new friend inside shares an exciting new way.
He says "YES WE CAN" as we start out each day.

Our SPIRIT in life is the KEY TO IT ALL.
Our BELIEF deep inside picks us up when we fall.

I can run LIFE'S RACE with a CALM INNER PEACE.
I GO FOR IT NOW WITH TOTAL RELEASE.

No comments: