Thursday, October 16, 2008

Love for the team!


Great article about a player's sacrifice for his team. The article is about a player who decided to cut off his pinkie instead of sit out the rest of his senior season. While cutting off a body part is definitely the extreme, it is a great story on how this player feels about the team and his love for the game.


Here are a few excerpts with a link to the article.


"To have somebody tell you that you've played your last game of football, I just wasn't going to let that happen," Trevor explains. "I couldn't do that to my teammates. I'd take a bullet for those guys."


"When I think about how much I love football, and my team, I just get goose bumps," says Trevor, who, big shock, wants to coach after he graduates. "To be able to play and hit people and not get in trouble for it? Man, it's a blessing. I love my team. And I'm a big believer in actions speaking louder than words."


No comments: